Monday, October 19, 2015

My Weekend

Wow. I am glad this weekend is over. I know that some of you live for your weekends, but this weekend, I almost feel lucky to have lived through it. If the past few days can be summed up in a simple few words, it would be -- overzealous self-indulgence. And I paid for it, especially after day 2. I sometimes have to remember that I'm not 25 anymore. Those consecutive nights can be killer.

At any rate, I had a lot of fun even if my wife was not entirely amused. Saturday morning she was tolerant of my Friday evening. Sunday morning she had lost her patience with the girls acting crazy and me hunkering down in bed until after the Bills kicked off their game.

The weekend started out innocent enough. I took Things 1,2, and 4 to Cornerstone Arena for the game between the Lockport Express and Roc City Royals. They made it through all of the first period and for the start of the second. Then Wendy arrived with Thing 3 and took all four tired little girls home. The Express ended up losing in overtime, and after the game I headed out for drinks with Frank, Rick, Mike, and Scott.

It was Scott's birthday (actually Thursday, but anyway) so I ended up staying out later than normal. When the birthday boy wanted to roll over to another bar (They have excellent pizza). It was his birthday -- how could I say no? Needless to say, I rolled in at home some time around 3am. As I crawled into bed, I told Wendy I was an idiot.

The next morning, I didn't have any headache, but I was dragging. At 2pm, we had a surprise party for Scott at Lock 34. Even though Scott made it there before we did, he was definitely surprised. And so were the other patrons in the bar as Scott personally delivered pieces of his birthday cake to everyone. We got a little rest before Saturday evening's Express game against those same Royals.

Saturday, I accompanied Howard Balaban's play-by-play with some color commentary. Despite another loss, this time in a shootout, this game was one of the most exciting games I've seen in awhile. I wasn't sure that I was going out after the game, but I had already promised Mike that I could give him a ride home. Off to the bar we went, and the pace was quite a bit quicker than I was used to. Again we hit another bar, this time because Frank said "I've never been there."

Although I got home about two hours earlier than I had the night before, I was down and out on Sunday morning. With my head buried under the covers, I heard the girls giving me wife a terribly difficult time. Sometimes they get so wound up that it's nearly impossible to get them to do anything. Considering the state of their bedrooms, it was understandable that they needed some guidance in cleaning. Of course, they wanted nothing to do with that.

In the meantime, after I finally got out of bed, Wendy's sister was on her way over to spend the afternoon with us. Nephew, Hunter, helped Wendy make some pretzels to dip into our homemade hot pepper mustard. It was absolutely wonderful, and we ate all that were made. It made for a great snack while watching the Bills game.

In the end, my weekend was pretty full and exciting. Long story short, I was unable to post anything. I can assure you that will not be a normal occurrence. I have plenty that I plan on posting. So, stay tuned. In the meantime, I have to look for a shoe. My left shoe. I can't seem to find it, but I'm pretty sure I came home with it on my foot.

3 comments:

  1. I was honored that you spent part of your weekend with me ... actually a lot of it. And I certainly had fun Friday night. You may have noticed a dearth of posts on ENP Saturday, as well. o.O ... but hey, you only get to celebrate your birthday once ... or twice ... or apparently three times a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The home stand in December just happens to be the weekend of my birthday. We may have to do it all over again.

      Delete