Monday, October 19, 2015

Against All My Own Rules

I've recently broken my number one rule about reading books -- I've been watching "Under the Dome" on Amazon, and I haven't read the book yet. I've always prided myself on the fact that I must read the book before I watch the movie/TV series. I find it difficult to believe that I broke my most important rule.



I was bored one night when I sat down with my Kindle in bed to watch something new and interesting. I had just finished watching "Hand of God" when "Under the Dome" was suggested. I figured I would watch the first episode to see whether I wanted to read the book.

I love reading most of Stephen King's books. In particular, I like the old school writings before his accident. Some of his newer books don't have quite the same terrifying plots as some of his older books, but he has had a resurgence with his books lately. I own a copy of Under the Dome, but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. There have been so many good books calling my name at the Lockport Library that this book has taken an unfortunate back seat.

I'm partway through the second season and I am completely enthralled by the premise of the series. I typically believe that the books are always better than the screen version. Although the critics will disagree, I think this has been a very well done show. I can't wait until I read the book now. It has moved to the top of the list after I finish a couple books by local authors.

I am sure, beyond all doubt, that Under the Dome will surpass the greatness of the television series. And I promise myself that I will never watch the movie again without reading the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment