Saturday, October 10, 2015

Beachbody Challenge Day 0

For the past several years, I have been doing some of the Beachbody workouts. Let me tell you, if you're dedicated to the program, you can get some real results.  I've done P90X, P90X2,P90X3, 21 Day Fix,and P90.

Last year in March, I topped out at my highest weight ever, 212. For a guy my size, that is simply too much weight. So, I decided that it was time to buckle down and commit to losing weight. I started out with P90X every night religiously for 90 days. At the same time, I quit drinking Dr Pepper and eating ice cream. By the end of 90 day, I was down to 182.

For the next 2 months, I remained true to the no soda/no ice cream rule. I was not quite as diligent with the workouts, but I still pressed play 5 out of 7 days each week. When we went to Boston for vacation in August, I took my DVDs with me so I could get in my workout each day. In the six days we were there, I did get 2 workouts in. Of course, the first day we were in the city, we walked about twelve miles. I guess that would count as a workout.

The day I arrived home from Boston, my weight had fallen all the way to 172. I felt really good. I had an incredible amount of energy, and I was plain happy. For some reason, though, I fell back into drinking that hated carbonated beverage. A lot of it. And I stopped working out regularly. Slowly, the weight started coming back. By the spring of 2015, I was hovering around 185. Then summer hit.

With summer came more pop and lots more beer. And unfortunately, junk food. The result? I am back to 196. I'm angry with myself. I have had no self control for the past few months. That is all going to change. This is DAY 0 of my personal BEACHBODY CHALLENGE.

Tomorrow will be Day ONE. I am starting P90 tomorrow. My goal is to lose 12-15 pounds by the end of the 90 days. Gone will be pop. Gone will be ice cream and chips. I want to feel better and have more energy. I have less migraines during the months that I exercise. That alone is reason enough to put the DVD in the player and get my sweat on.

At the same time, I will be back to drinking my Shakeology every morning for breakfast. Since going away for Lockn at the beginning of September, I have skipped more days than I ever have before. Drinking my shake lessens my cravings for junk food and soda.

If any of you are interested in any of the Beachbody products, please feel free to contact me at craigebacon@gmail.com. I can help you find a program that will work for you. Together we can keep each other honest and on track.

So, we'll see how 90 days turns out. I'm sure there will be regular updates, even if it's only to keep my honest and on track. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment