Monday, October 12, 2015

Buffalo Bills fans

I'm sure this post will generate some comments, and not all of them positive. Let me start off by saying that I am not a Bills fan. Well, I actually want to see the team do well, but they are not my favorite team. Since I was in 6th grade my team has been the Green Bay Packers. Through the highs and lows I have been a Cheesehead. For that reason I can relate to the rabid Bills fan.

I don't know how many of you watched the game yesterday but that was by no means a great game. For either team. The Titans and the Bills looked like they would rather be doing anything than play football.

I made a comment on my Facebook page that welcomed Bills fans back to reality. After the game was over, I had several comments that required deletion. One comment that stayed was "The reality is that they won."

Sure the Bills won that game, but if you're looking for the team to break out of that LOOOONG playoff drought, that's not the game you want to see. Even the most casual fan should recognize that Sunday's game was not one to be very proud of. Barely hanging on then pulling out a win may work for those teams at the bottom of the standings or muddled in the middle. Elite teams will destroy this team if they don't start playing a consistent 60 minutes of football.

The end of result of the Facebook conversation? "Move to Wisconsin." I laughed when I saw it. Mostly because as an argument, it was just as ineffective as the Bills and Titans offense for most of the day yesterday.

Listen. I know you love your team. Many of you are blindly devoted to them. I respect that, but to ignore your team's shortcomings doesn't help you or them. My Packers had an awful game yesterday. Aaron Rodgers threw not 1, but 2 interceptions during the game at Lambeau. The last time he threw an interception at home? 2012. The Packers can't turn the ball over twice during a game and expect to win those games.

They got lucky. Just like the Bills. Our hopes were high this spring with the Pegulas and Rex Ryan taking over the team. Yes, even I was excited. I like it when the Bills do well. It means my friends are happy. However, that Titans game may have let quite a bit of air out of our collective balloons.

In the meantime: Go Bills!

And Go, Pack, Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment